Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's The Point?

Hello again Bucks fans, its Jordan the Marketing Director. My never ending journey through useless facts and equations that will never be used again is almost over. I've been on a stupid marathon of four exams, four speeches and three research papers in a 3 week period. After this evening I'll be completely finished for the semester, with only 4 semesters to go. Going through this relentless task has made me ask myself, "What's the point?" I asked a professor of mine "What's the point?" and his response was generic, "To show future employers you have discipline and to expose your mind to different theories." I've been a firm believer for many years that any class you take in college that doesn't deal with your major is a scam. If you never use the knowledge you gain from the class it's a waste of time.


A perfect example was History of the Middle East. After one week I realized first that I would never use any of this information and then asked myself, "Why do I care if a camel died 2000 years ago?" It doesn't make any sense to me. For all my fellow peers out their learning the facts that will never be used I salute you for your efforts, and the useless knowledge you gained.

I leave you with this poem:

If I Should Fail to
Learn this Junk,
I Pray the Lord
I Will Not Flunk.

Jordan Przybylo
Marketing Guru

No comments: