Friday, December 5, 2008

Tough Week in Sports

This week was certainly an interesting one in sports. For starters we had a former Spartan and current New York Giant shoot himself in the thigh ending his season. Then we found out another Spartan, and former Detroit Lion Charles Rogers violated his probation putting him back in court and off the field. We also had Sean Avery, current NHL bad boy berate fellow NHLer's and ex-girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert of "The Girl Next Door" and "24" fame. Finally as I write this I am watching former NFL great O.J. Simpson get sentenced to 18 years for armed theft and kidnapping charges.

Whatever happened to the days where kids could grow up and watch SportsCenter and hear the good stories about athletes? Unfortunately when you tune into SportsCenter now, it seems that you hear more about who was arrested, suspended, or using illegal drugs. When I was much younger I grew up watching sports, just like many of you I am sure. But when I turned on the highlights, I would see true role models like Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Barry Sanders, and Steve Yzerman. Don't get me wrong, I know there are still some great athletes out there that devote a lot of their time to helping causes, but its just sad you don't hear more about it.

Fantasy Weekend

Not sure how many of you are fantasy football fans like myself. Each year I join several different leagues, and I follow it every Sunday. This weekend most leagues begin playoffs. So I just wanted to wish everyone good luck unless of course you are the person playing me.

Just Weird

A guy has acquired (not sure how) the underwear of Alex Rodriguez, and Josh Beckett and is currently auctioning them off on E-bay starting at $9.99.

Sports Video of the Day
I figure since it was Friday and for some, it may have been a long week, I would treat you to something new. The sports video of the day. Hope you get a good "Kick" out of this one.



Enjoy your weekend,

KK

No comments: